15 January 2017

Sweater Down-sizing

I wasn't planning on doing a post today, but when I put on the thrifted dress and cardigan that I wanted to wear to work I noticed this.

It's a little big...
I knew this cardigan was an extra-large, but I thought I could wear it anyway and just have it a bit baggy.  Problem was, it was way beyond "comfortably loose" and had ventured into "shapelessly over-sized."

It was a simple fix.  I just lay it inside-out on the floor and pinned both sides a good 3cm or so.  Then I ran it through my sewing machine, which handled the stretchy knit just fine.

Taking it in.
Then I snipped off the extra fabric from the sides.

Trimming.
Then I put it back on and headed out the door to work!

Much better!
Not bad for such an impromptu refashion!  It'll keep me nice and cozy in the icebox that I work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment