26 January 2017

Autumnal Shirt-to-Skirt (or Clothes are Tubes, Part 2)

Look at this shirt.

meh.
The body is huge (though admittedly a decent length), but the sleeves are too short!  How does this make sense?  Fortunately, I knew how to fix it.

Mwahahahaha!
Nope, I'm not going to fix the bad fit of this shirt. I don't like button-ups anyway.  I'm going to turn this into a skirt!

Gruella doing her part.
 I put the bottom of the shirt onto Gruella, and pinned it into shape.

More pinning
Then I stitched down all of those new darts.



I trimmed off the extra fabric.

The jagged-toothed scissors!


Then folded down the top raw edge and stitched it down.

No fraying!
 And now I have a new fun skirt that fits perfectly!

Colourful!
It's a little autumnal for January, but the weather has been feeling a bit transitional recently so I figure I can get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment