15 June 2019

The Refashionista Strikes Back Sweatshirt

Time to Complete: 15 mins
Sewing Machine Required? No
Difficulty: Easy

Apparently I took pictures of this refashion when I did it about two months ago when the weather was still cold, I just never wrote up a post! Here it is!


Cozy!
Actually, there's nothing wrong with this sweater. It is cozy, and it has cats on it. Perhaps it's only flaw is that it's a bit on the large side for me. Still, I wasn't going to just take this in the old-fashioned way! I wanted to try something new!

First, I carefully cut off that bottom band, keeping as close to the seam as possible. I did the same at the sleeve cuffs.


snip!
Then I measured up each side seam of the sweater to my waistline. I made a small incision just to the front of each side seam.


See where I'm going with this, yet?
Now it was time for that bottom band to come back into play! I snipped it so that instead of a loop, I had one long length.

Then I pulled the sweater on, fed the band through one incision from the front, passed it around my back, and pulled it out the other hole on the other side.


Like so...
Now it was a simple matter of tying off the ends in a tidy bow! 

And a Jedi-cat sweater is born
The way I'd threaded the belt gave this sweater a new kimono-esque shape, but being the nerd I am I immediately thought "I'm a Jedi!" While my immediate attempt to trigger my camera using the Force failed, I live in hope that someday it will manifest!


Criticisms: Pshaw! You think I could complain about a super comfy Star Wars-evoking sweater with cats on it? Though to be fair, I have my doubts about the longevity of my DIY belt--it seems like it will stretch out over time.


No comments:

Post a Comment