25 September 2019

Supersized Tunic

Time to Complete: 15 mins
Sewing Machine Required? No
Difficulty: Easy

Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a major refashion. Sometimes I don't feel like wearing anything in my closet. Sometimes both moods strike within one hour of when I need to leave for work. This project is the result of just such a perfect storm of apathetic whininess.

I started with this.


Don't I just look thrilled?
This is actually an XXL shirt. Fortunately, it also leant itself well to becoming a super easy, almost no-sew tunic.

Step one, as always, remove the shoulder pads.


Go...just go.
Now, I wanted to wear this to work, and that neckline was just a little too gaping for me to feel comfortable doing so. Particularly as I have to wear a staff badge which throws off the drape of pretty much anything I wear. 

So I rifled through my notions drawer and found some pieces of coordinating ribbon. I think these are leftover decor from my bridal shower? I pinned them to the inside of the collar, which fortunately had an reinforced band.


Attach to band...

I used my sewing machine to stitch down the ribbon, because I was in a rush, but honestly, this is such a tiny amount of sewing you could easily do it by hand.





I didn't have time to take in the sides, so I just grabbed a belt! Tie those ribbons in a cute bow, cinch in the waist, and I was ready to go!

That's it. I wore it to work all day, where it was so cold I had to keep my new dress covered with a bulky cardigan anyway.







No comments:

Post a Comment