9 February 2019

Muppet Sweater


Time to Complete: 15 mins
Sewing Machine Required? No
Difficulty: Easy

Here's a super easy no-sew refashion! All you need is an oversize sweater--either one deliberately made to be oversize, or one that's just a few sizes too big. I started with this one.

Something about this looks familiar...
Bad: Stifling collar.Good: So soft! Lovely colour.

Fix: Cut out the collar.

The terrycloth-like feel of this sweater and its bright colour (sorry, the photo doesn't do the emerald green justice), immediately put me in mind of the Muppets! Beloved childhood characters that they are, I didn't necessarily want to go out dressed as one so I needed some way to make this sweater a bit more grown-up. I decided to change the neckline.

Chop!
Turns out that was all it needed. With that stifling collar out of the way, this sweater became much more fun. I cut it even wider than shown in the picture, so I can wear it off-the-shoulder if I choose.

Cozy
In a spectacular fit of clumsiness, I dropped a piece of toast and egg on myself right after taking this picture. Since this sweater has some very specific directions about washing and drying, it will be a while before I get to enjoy it. Still, for the few minutes I was able to wear it I was cozy and comfy!

Criticisms: I could have gone bolder with the off-the shoulder, but I prefer to cut too little and go back later to readjust, rather than cut too much and ruin the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment